About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Here!

Well, folks, it looks as if monsoon season may finally be upon us. Oh PTL!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell we're a little bit pleased about it?) The weather has gotten much cooler of late and we watched a movie in our bedroom last night without turning on the AC for quite some time, at least. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you all at home, but it's saying something here, I promise you!

I'm looking outside as I type this and the sky is gray and pouring out much-needed water on our parched ground. We've experienced a drought here and farmers have been desperate for rain so that their rice crops won't be completely destroyed. All of us have lived life with bated breath as we've waited for monsoon to start. The air has been thick and full of hints for days now. And now this!

I'd never have thought waking up to the sound of dripping water would make my heart surge with hope. But then, I'm not a farmer. Now my only question is: how will I get to class on the back of J's scooter without arriving like a drowned rat? Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment