About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Uh...

We love the spicy Indian snacks called namkeen. We eat all varieties. Some kinds are mild and slightly sweet and some set our mouths on fire. J and I dearly love us some masala (which means 'spice' in Hindi). I've even been known to eat the tongue-torcher variety of namkeen for breakfast, which my kids feel is really going too far.

Anyway, today I was feeling a little blue and my husband wanted to distract me with a little hotter-than-a-dragon's-breath type called chana crackers. I ate it lovingly, breathing through my mouth. I noticed the ingredients list and since it was too small to share with you in photo form, I thought I'd type it out word-for-word for your reading pleasure.

INGREDIANTS: Used Vegetable Oil, Lahori Namak & Spices of best quality (if any).

I...used to like chana crackers, but now I don't know how to feel. I mean, call me snooty but I don't prefer secondhand oil.

3 comments:

  1. I know all that I had eaten would have been all over the floor if I saw that!!!! Not a snot at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahaha. That's the if any spice....used...whatever that includes spice...if you can call it that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha and to think I've been throwing away the used vegetable oil in my wok all these years...

    ReplyDelete