About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Greater Love

J is gone again for a couple of days. Whenever he goes I count on D more than usual. I asked her tonight if she'd walk down to the corner store and get me some Cokes. I added that I didn't really need them. I just wanted them and if she didn't mind one way or the other, could she get them?

She smiled shyly and said, "I would get anything for you." I didn't know what to say. She loves us like I'm not sure we've been loved before. Of course the feeling is mutual, but we have lots of friends and extended family and she doesn't. We are her family now.

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. Jn 15:13

3 comments:

  1. We are the only Jesus some people will see... A life that glorifies God is a life that reveals God.

    You are being His hands and His feet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! It is amazing how Love spreads and grows. Be blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my favorite scripture. It is so relevant to the life you are living in India.

    Phil 1:22 “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." bears a similar message. If you sacrifice everything for someone else you are truly showing them the cross. You and your family are amazing Hannah, truly amazing. The Big Man upstairs is sure blessed that you followed to call as so many are afraid to do.

    ReplyDelete