About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hands and Feet

I have been sick today. The gross kind of sick and I've been lolling in my bed as my stomach pitches and rolls. A few minutes ago, Dolly (my landlady and surrogate mother) came up to our apartment to inquire after me. We had missed our Hindi conversation today and she was worried.

I explained to her what had gone on--she wanted every gory detail--and then, with a look of determination I have seen on my own mother's face, went back downstairs to get:
  1. a hot water bottle
  2. some sloppy watery porridge the thought of which makes me dry-heave
  3. some medicine prescriptions.
She reminded us that proper food consumption is necessary. She said, in essence, 'Say the word and I'll make you something.'

It's humbling to know that He uses the hands and feet of those who don't even know him. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment