About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sparkly Side

This afternoon I had a wonderful conversation time with my landlady. She told me she wanted to try coffee from our "percolator" as she loves to call it. It was very straight-forward of her and I was most pleased. For once I know exactly what she wants and I can provide it. After we decided on a time to have American coffee together she presented me with some sparkly bangles she'd bought for me in the market. She explained that married women always wear them and that it was custom to not 'go around with bare arms if one can help it.' When I saw them I impulsively hugged her neck. Anyone who knows me well knows that I swoon for the sparkly side of life. She could tell I was genuinely delighted. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment