About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Monday, August 31, 2009

One of Those Days

We're taking a break from language class this week. We had been going and going and we finally hit the proverbial wall. It was the Law of Diminishing Returns in full effect. The more Hindi I heard, the less I understood. J was starting to look like something the cat dragged in every day after class. So we thought it was about time.

I have been in some form of sleepwear for two days now. The kids, too. J is the only one who cannot bear to walk around slightly indecent. I guess I don't blame him since I make him interact with our landlord and the workers outside. I suppose it only stands to reason that he'd want to wear pants.

Anyway, I've been slightly nauseous for days now (and no, there won't be another baby joining our family in roughly seven months, though that would be fun) and food seems unappealing. Our kamwalli says she'll make apple pie sometime soon. Maybe that'll help...

I guess I'll spend today reading to the kids, staring out the window, watching Hindi movies, and waiting for a package from my mom to arrive. It's kind-of late and I really want it.

I hope all of you have a good day.

5 comments:

  1. We love you all and are definitely praying for you! I hope the oatmeal and treats were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, the treats WERE yummy! Thank you ;) Aileen, as usual, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nain. Tomorrow you will hear my cheery voice and see my ruddy complexion and big belly and you'll feel better. I promise. Love you an eerie amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's another package on the way too.

    ReplyDelete