About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Plans

These are exciting days around here. We'll be moving to a new city and a new apartment before too long and we're in the process of picking out paint swatches and designs for furniture. I'm looking forward to a place where we can settle for a while. We've been without a home we can really call our own for almost a year now. It's been tough. The kids want a room they can decorate 'like we used to have' and J and I want a little stability.

God is good. We've had some dark days in the last few weeks as we've battled depression and fear of the unknown. Through it all, we've known in Whom we live and move and have our being. That doesn't mean I haven't cried and pouted, and looked back enough times to turn into a hundred pillars of salt. It does mean that I know enough to remember, once again, that nights always give way to mornings.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, Thank you first of all for being transparent and sharing yout heart, your triumph and struggles with us. Thank you for your faithfulness and love to a merciful and wonderful GOD. Please know that you are covered in prayer. His mercies are new EVERY morning. The Lord revealed something to me a few weeks ago when I was struggling with being in the desert. In Exodus Moses told Pharoah that his people needed to go to the desert to worship God...and that not one hoof should be left behind...perhaps that is still the case sometimes....God leads us to these desert places, or desert feelings, because there...we can truly rely on him, trust in him, and praise his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog...and your honesty. I think you are amazing. I'm SO excited for you guys to get to your city and get settled. I'm excited for your kids' sake too...I know how important that is. And I loved your mini vacation pics...you guys are so cute...also love J's shirt...did y'all have that made from the story at FPO? Funny. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to bring you to the throne.

    Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete