About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Somewhere

I must be getting somewhere. Today, after chatting with my landlady for an hour-and-half, I broke down and cried. Doesn't really matter why, and I'm not sure I could say anyway...But I did. And I didn't recoil when she vigorously rubbed the tears off of my very sensitive cheeks. She told me I was like her daughter. Now I don't know if that's really true or not, but I do know that sometimes tears are the currency of a relationship. And today I paid my entrance fee.

4 comments:

  1. It's so true. You are right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. But I wish I could have silently (and reverently) watched someone scrub on your cheeks. I've been waiting my whole life to see that.

    ReplyDelete