About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True Rest

We were wiped out today. You know it's bad when morning-person J is falling asleep at 10:00 a.m. I mean, it's really nothing for me to wake up in the morning and instantly wish to be asleep again. But J?

Well, anyway, we called off school today and I instituted a two-hour afternoon rest time for the kids. Of course, they didn't sleep. But they read books quietly. I took some time to read my Bible and just be internally quiet. It was better than sleeping. I was reminded that the Lord orders my days that my life is in his hands.

And that is what true rest looks like.

3 comments:

  1. you were really just relieved you didn't get the 'phoid, thats why you could 'rest' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha. Well, yes. I failed to mentioned that part, but you're right. Love you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense more rest in my own spirit just reading yours.

    Love

    ReplyDelete