About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's

J and I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's last night, and all I can say is, that movie is so much sadder than I remembered. I've watched it (with my two faithful sisters) approximately 1,000,000 times since early high school. Each time I swooned over Holly Golightly's clothes, her lipstick, her wonderful blond streaks. I loved her quirkiness and her rail-thinness. And what about that Paul Varjak?

But this time I watched it and even when the two stars kissed at the end, and we knew they'd be together, with cat in tow, I felt sad and dull. Because they were both so damaged and were carrying enough baggage between the two of them to be charged extra by Delta. When the credits rolled I just hugged J and thanked the Lord once again that I've been with the most normal, kind, compassionate, consistent guy I know for 12 years and counting.

But I'll still take Holly's clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment