About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Was Right

Remember how I said that things happen when Daddy is away? Ok, well, maybe you thought I was overreacting. Maybe, just a little, right? And I can see why you might assume that. So I wanted to give you the update. So far
  • The electricity was out all last night, which meant that the kids woke up and wandered around because their fan was off. Which meant that I didn't sleep well at all.
  • My landlord gave me down the road today because he didn't like where J had gone, didn't think it was a good place to be, etc. As if that weren't bad enough, my landlady sat next to me, glumly, and sniffed her sadness/disapproval that I haven't been down to see her regularly enough in the last two weeks. She managed to say in Hindi (at one point), "Well, look who has time for us today!"
  • And--wait for it--I found lice in G's head tonight. And out of all of the above, that is what almost made me cry.
But I can't write about that last bit of madness unless I also include D's trip to the chemist shop for me. And then the fact that the washer women sneaked upstairs to my apartment (servants are not allowed upstairs by our landlords and she was nervous) and explained exactly how to use the oil/shampoo combo for G. She is the salt of the earth, that one. And then she sneaked back down almost before I could say thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Grrr....praying for cool breezes, dead bugs, and neighbor relations.

    ReplyDelete