About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Absurd

My son is smart. All my kids are smart, but that middle kid is strangely smart. He's seven and has read Huck Finn in its entirety. I quizzed him about the main point of the story, and he got it. Anyway, he's always coming out with wry sentiments. He'll utter deep thoughts, replete with seven-dollar words (inflation, you know) and sigh like a sage. He'll knit his brows together, shaking his head, vaguely displeased with the world.

I'm used to all this by now. So why do I still laugh when I hear things like this?

Me: Kids, I'm sorry the power is out again. Family game night is going to have to be a game of cards by flashlight.

Middle Son: Ah, India. Absurd. Absurd and sublime.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

2 comments: