About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Going With the Flow (or not)

At 4:30 a.m. today J left to go to our new city. He was armed with his iPod, a backpack, and several cans of paint. He plans to spend the next couple of days holed up in our new apartment with nothing but music and paint supplies with the hope that we can move in around mid-October (with things looking closer to the way we'd like them).

I miss him terribly when he's gone. So do the kids. I woke up this morning with every intention of going to my morning class regardless and leaving the kids with D. But then two things happened shortly afterward: (1 We had no water coming out of the faucets (and still don't), and 2) Our oldest started to cry as he realized that Dad was already gone when he woke up. Oh! and then there's the fact that we have a dear friend from the States coming in on the train this afternoon. Amidst all these emerging facts, one thing became crystal clear. I need to stay home with my kids today. And that's what I'm going to do.

If you have a moment today, please pray that J will get everything he planned accomplished, and that he won't be an absolute zombie after he does. He's been looking awfully tired lately...Thanks.

2 comments: