About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Live

I have been very depressed lately. Truth be told, I can't point to one thing that's brought it on. It's probably a little of everything. I heard these words today, though, and I want to make them mine:

Did you come that we might just survive?
Did you come so we could just get by?
Did you walk among us
so we might merely limp along beside?

I was bound, I have been set free
But I have settled for apathy
Did you come to make new
And know I'd crawl right back into the skin you found me in?

It's where I am- not where I've been

You make me want to live
You make me want to live
You came to shake us
And to wake us up to something more
Than we'd always settled for
And you make me want to live

Live, Nichole Nordeman

3 comments:

  1. Committing to pray for you through these hard times. I don't even think there has to be one reason for them. I think it has to do with everything that this whole adventure involves. Some days are great, fun, and adventurous. Others are hard, lonely and quite frankly boring! I know how I am finding that I miss friends who really know me and that I have inside jokes with! Crazy, huh? We love you guys and if you need a laugh just remember....."Yes, you. The lady in the green shirt with your mouth wide open!" Quoted from the T4T guy at FPO!!! Hahaha I will never forget that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Justine. I read this aloud to J and we both laughed! Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete