About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Normal

In the last 24 hours I:

  • bought Levi's jeans for women with no hips (of which I am not one, but you take what you can get)
  • ate at a Chinese restaurant
  • talked to my dad and sister while they were in the car on their way to play a Beatles' gig
  • closed the curtains and danced to music from our high school/college days until I was out of breath
  • talked to a new Indian woman in Hindi for an hour and a half (it was full of mistakes but again, you take what you can get)
  • hung out with friends
  • explained the concept of swear words to my kids
  • gave up Diet Coke and then fell off the wagon
  • rode in an auto-rickshaw and saw my life flash before my eyes
  • thought about Michael Jackson
  • watched sea animals grow large in a bowl of hot water with J and the kids
  • felt normal
It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Especially about giving up Diet Coke and falling off the wagon within 24 hours. That is a real snapshot into my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love dancing to music from the old days in the security of my own home!

    Sounds like a lovely day. :)

    Love, Aileen

    P.S. check your inbox.

    ReplyDelete