About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Indian-Style

Around the birthday table.
Party game. Guess who the white kids are?
Three faiths represented in this photo.
The birthday boy, his brother, and his dad. We live with them.


Highlights of this one-year-old birthday party:
  • As all the kids passed a balloon around a circle, trying to not get stuck with it, I heard the song lyrics, 'Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me.' I'm not even kidding.
  • Our landlord introduced me to a woman whose daughter "lives in the States." When I asked her where in the US she's located, the woman answered, "Switzerland." Ah yes, I see...
  • When people were milling about, eating and making conversation, what was playing on the CD player? Shakira. Shakira, folks. I'm sure the one-year-old absolutely loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment