About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here's Hoping

We had shelves delivered to our apartment yesterday. It makes me so happy to have all of our books and our kids' toys up off the floor and in neat rows. I wanted to hang out my bedroom and the kids' room just so I could obsessively observe the extra floor space.

Then today I knew I had to go downstairs and talk to my landladies. They've been a little passive aggressive and manipulative to me lately because I'm busier than I used to be and less inclined to hear their many opinions. So honestly I would rather have had a root canal than have another fireside chat about why it's been so many days since I came down. But I knew I needed to and I prayed that I could do it out of love and not a sense of misplaced guilt. I went down expecting the third degree...and I got it. But I was also able to say, We love you, we are busy, everything's fine, let's have no hard feelings. They seemed to hear it this time.

I sincerely hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment