About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Dog Days

It's really hot here. No. It's super-dee-duper hot here (to quote Barney--and I apologize). The days drip by like molasses. See, J and I are on a little 'language vacation' because our teachers have to be out of town for the week. What I mean by a vacation is that our lives are exactly the same as they were before, only more boring. Now it would be easy to whine and complain (and I, ahem, have...once in a while) but because it isn't fitting for someone who has been blessed as much as I have, I'm concentrating on what I have to be thankful for. Here's my (partial) list:

  • our Dad's love (you know who I mean)
  • tile floors
  • my kamwalli
  • my kids' love of reading
  • new curricula
  • pretty clothes
  • ceiling fans
  • our inverter
  • our new TV (oh it's so nice!)
  • hair color
  • food
  • my sweet and long suffering husband
  • Skype
  • books
  • Diet Coke
  • cheap mangoes
  • lots of time with my family
  • our sweet team
  • our families back home
  • care packages from those families back home
  • oh! and all my bloggy friends

4 comments:

  1. I need to focus on the blessings in my life, too...like my hair color, which turned out good. (I dyed it again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute..you have ceiling fans! No fair...oh wait..;-) But really, thanks for the being thankful reminder. Hey, you can get hair color where you are at? I am regretting my decision to not bring any with me. Also, I had meant to tell you before, but I had some straight pants made at the tailors. So far I love them. You had mentioned having some made - I think its worth it. Ok, I'll stop writing a novel on your blog

    ReplyDelete