About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Something Happened on the Way to Language School...

Ok, I promise I'll not do this often. But I rode to Hindi class yesterday on the back of J's scooter and I used our camera to video it. I posted the YouTube we made at the bottom of our blog. You can watch it from here. It's a little bumpy (for obvious reasons) but it'll give you a pretty accurate idea of our city's traffic and our route to language school. There's a little bit of commentary from J and me but I'm not sure how well you'll be able to hear it. Watch for cows, bicycles, and crazy motorists! Hope you enjoy.

p.s. Ignore the other videos on the 'video bar' below. I don't know how to get them off of my page, but ours is the first one on the list.

5 comments:

  1. how entertaining! :) it is kind of like driving in africa, except way more populated...and you are on a scooter, i was in a truck. not driving. riding. my favorite part was when you said "y'all"!

    praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! I need something to calm my nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny part is that J has on a helmet and you don't!!! What does that say? :) I must say that you guys must be the most absolutely beautiful couple over there. God's blessing on all of you and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast!

    I heard a story on NPR once about driving in India being more about using your horn instead of signaling or any other visual cues. That video seems to confirm the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is your helmet missy???? Those people are crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete