About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Diwali

J informed me that because we don't have wireless internet yet and are using this little plug-in backup thing we bought, it costs a small fortune to post pictures on Facebook and our bloggy-blog. So, I thought I'd just post our Diwali pictures on FB where the most people will see them, and I'll give the highlights of the night here.
  • D screamed 'ouch' almost every time a firecracker went off...until the kids begged her to stop because she was scaring them.
  • As we stood on our porch overlooking the lake and watched the beautiful fireworks, I felt something jump on my back and smack my ear. I thought it was one of my kids, but when I turned I saw that it was a monkey. He grabbed our oldest son's arm, too, on his way past us!
  • We had a nice, family-ish time with our new landlords and their families. We ate their food and I got to speak Hindi to the women. They were thrilled with my efforts and I was pleased with my little personal triumph.
  • The kids were called 'babies' by a five-year-old Sikh kid. As in, "Hey babies, come on! Come play with me, thik hai?" He came up to Gracie's shoulder. Hahahahahaha.
It was a fantastic night.

4 comments:

  1. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but the accounts of your night could never have be so descriptive!

    Thank you for the update.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....I'm sure I and C appreciated being called babies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that sounds so magical and eastern and strange. More details later, please.

    ReplyDelete