About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

We took a little road trip back to our original city to pick up a package and meet some new friends (and visit some old ones). On the way down I was in a particularly thoughtful mood, and it seemed like I was seeing India for the first time somehow. I decided to catalog the things that caught my eye today.
  • A road sign that said, "We are like your driving, but not your speed."
  • Another that said, "Are you married? To divorce it, speed."
  • A man riding an elephant on the side of the road, it's head completely covered in painted-on designs.
  • A donkey asleep in the middle of a busy road.
  • A mother monkey throwing a protective arm around her baby who was trying to stray into the road.
  • And finally, twin toddler albinos--humans, that is.
Ah, India. What would I do without your weirdness?

No comments:

Post a Comment