About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, November 13, 2009

For Better and For Worse

G seems to be getting better, PTL. D, on the other hand, is listless and miserable. It's kind-of strange being 31 and taking care of a 19-year-old as if she's my daughter. It's giving me a little training for the future, I guess. D is normally very competent and collected. She has more homemaking skill in her little brown finger than I have ever had in my entire being. But when she's sick, she's a little girl again. She lets me give her medicine that she hates, and take her temperature every six hours. She trusts me if I say, "D swallow this. You have the flu and this will make it better." I feel responsible since she doesn't have parents to care for her here. Please pray for her quick recovery and that the rest of us would not get whatever it is that she has. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I know that it must be so comforting to her having you as her mother right now.

    praying.

    ReplyDelete