About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Win

Today was the first day of homeschooling since we've relocated. It went astonishingly well despite the fact that we were awakened in the night by dreadfully loud drumbeats, and someone shouting over the entire city, Desting. One, doo, thee. Over and over, I might add. It's possible that just the tiniest little inappropriate word escaped my husbands lips. It's possible that I hated the police--who did nothing.

However, no matter. School was fantastic and I got an opportunity to speak Hindi with my landlady. Just enough Hindi, in fact, to realize how much I miss my class time and how my speaking is slipping down the tubes without regular conversation time. I laid the hints on thick with Mrs. Dolly, the landlady, that my speaking sorely needed her. She agreed to help me.

So today feels like a win.

1 comment: