About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Crazy

Oh my goodness. Nothing has ever made me feel as crazy as learning Hindi. It's not that it's such a hard language, 'cause it isn't. And it's not because I don't like it, 'cause I do. I suppose it's because this whole process is two steps forward and one step back. Some days, I'm flying high because I feel like I'm just getting it. But other days, I wonder what I've been doing with my time up 'til now.

It's really a metaphor for life, for parenting, for living in love with a spouse. Sometimes we feel like all is right with the world, and other times...well, let's just not go there, k? But the days that make you lose a couple of brain cells a minute are the ones where you feel good-bad-good-bad-good in a 24-hour period.

That was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment