About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day One Without Daddy

We had a successful first day without our Daddy. In spite of the fact that we had no water in the apartment last night and could not flush our toilets or take showers, we weren't too peeved. In the morning, G came sneaking into my room (too early) and whispered, "I flushed the toilet so there must be water!" Sure enough, there was.

I grabbed every bucket we own and filled them immediately--along with every water bottle. We knew that the water would be cut off again in the afternoon, and it was. It's just that time of year here. I hurried the kids to the shower and we started a load of laundry. All before I would normally have been coherent. I just didn't want to take any chances on the kids going to bed dirty again.

Then my landlady came up this morning and told me that she'd ask me every day if I needed anything from the market and that she'd have her 'man' get it for me if I indicated that I did. I'm humbled by how much these people shower love on us.

Finally, we had a good school day, which is always nice for both the kids and me. And then! We received a wonderful package from our sweet friends in Portugal. It had microwave popcorn in it, a movie, and fun stuff from 'The Office.' What a treat. The kids and I are going to relax this afternoon, eat popcorn, and watch a movie together. One day down, 13 more to go...

Thank you, Lord, for a good day.

3 comments:

  1. OH man. I'm praying for you. Let's skype soon. Tuesday night for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and the kids, and for Jon and his language, hope both go great! I am really praying you are able to go home for a visit, what a treat that would be!! HAng in there! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete