About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oops, He Did It Again

Our middle son, C, is positively infamous for saying things he ought not say. Furthermore, he doesn't realize that he's saying inappropriate things.

The other thing is, he gets a lot of attention from Indians because of his light skin and blond hair, and he resents it. Today a man thumped him good-naturedly on the head and I guess it kind-of stung because the following came out of his mouth:

C: Why do they do that to me, Mom? I hate it. Why can't they do it to Ivan?

Me: Well, I think you know why...

C: Is it because of my blond hair? He only has brown hair.

Me: Yes, I think that's it.

C: Or is it because I'm cuter? I mean, I haven't lost any of my baby teeth yet so my teeth look good. Ivan has lost a lot of teeth and his grown-up teeth are...a little out of style...

Me: I know you don't understand this, C, but you have suddenly improved my day.

2 comments: