About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Itna Mooshkil Hai

Well, I would have blogged last night, but our electricity was out for a big portion of the evening. And no power=no internet. Our oldest son couldn't sleep last night and was crying because he misses his dad so much. I've actually never seen a kid love his dad more than our oldest loves his. So I tried to comfort him, and in the end we called Daddy. By the end of the conversation he felt better and crawled into bed.

I decided that it was time for me to sleep too, so I went to bed. At a little after midnight all the lights came back on. I was glad, of course, but naturally a little startled too. Needless to say, we've been dragging at our house today.

I still went downstairs for a conversation with my landladies this afternoon but it was not a good Hindi day, and at one point I said, "I'm sorry, but my Hindi is terrible today. I can't think straight!" They were gracious as usual, but when I came back upstairs I wasn't exactly thrilled that they had invited us back downstairs in the evening. I really just want to sleep. Instead, I will be back down after supper.

On a good note, J seems to be getting a lot out of his time of intense Hindi study. And no matter what we're grumping through here, just knowing that makes things much easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment