About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, April 9, 2010

McDonald's

Dolly and I got into a discussion the other day about Americans and how fat they are. She asked me why this is. I gave her the usual pat answers:

Dolly (in Hindi): I was wondering if Americans eat junk food often.

Me: Yes, they do. And they don't exercise enough.

Dolly: I see...

Me: You know, like, they eat at McDonald's too much.

Dolly: Wait. McDonald's is even in America?

Me: Um, yes. Yes, it is.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, but I eat at McDonald's in India WAY more than I every would have in America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have some healthy things to eat. And it is not eating at McDonald's that has caused this obesity epidemic, but rather the technology and people just being plain lazy. What happened to kids spending their days outdoors and having fun...getting exercise, etc. Now it seems that most children spend their afternoons in front of the computer, game station, or television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait? What? They have McDonald's in America?

    ReplyDelete