About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dangerous

We have a slow pace of life in our house. We talk a lot, read a lot, talk some more. It's the way we do things. Often it's when I listen with half an ear that my kids feel free to bare their souls, intimate their greatest fears. We have conversations like this one:

Oldest Boy: Mom, do you know what the most dangerous sport is--I mean, in the world?

Me (busy puttering around): Um, no. Let me guess...fencing? Bear wrestling?

OB: No, Mom. It's ballet. My teacher told me that you can land wrong after a jump and crush your feet and mess up your legs. It's the most dangerous. And that is why (moment of silence for increased effect) I will never do ballet. Never in the universe.

Check that off my list.

4 comments:

  1. NOW I know why the tickets to the NYC Ballet are so expensive! They have to pay the dancers more because they are risking so much!

    Thank you so much for that insight OB!

    :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to have to come over there....SOON!

    ReplyDelete