About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Testimony

I want to take a moment to testify to God's goodness in my life.

One of the things I grieved most when I came to India was the knowledge that I'd miss the birth of my little niece. My sisters and I have shared, in some form or other, in the birth of every one of our seven children. Little Juliet would make number eight, and I knew that she'd be born without me.

Last night, we arrived in our city after a whirlwind week in Delhi. We were tired and a little sick. But I knew that Miriam would be in the hospital soon and that I needed to make contact, so I Skyped her. I got to talk with her about her pre-labor fears, about Braxton-Hicks contractions as opposed to 'productive' ones, about stretch marks...Just like I was there.

I fell asleep and woke up the next morning, anxious to call her again. The baby still hadn't come, but I got to talk with my sister again for an hour and a half. You know, the kind of mundane, distract-you-so-you-don't-focus-on-contractions talk that we'd have if I were holding her hand in the hospital room.

Finally, we decided she needed to rest, so we got off of Skype. In the meantime, the electricity in our apartment went out and I thought I'd be unable to talk to Miriam for who-knows-how-long. I thought, on a whim, that I'd call her using my cellphone, just to see if she was still ok. Nate answered the phone and told me that Juliet had been born moments ago and that it had been the easiest, most painless delivery ever.

Miriam was so happy, the baby was screaming in the background and I heard it all. Suddenly, the power came back on in our apartment, and I Skyped her immediately. My entire family got to see little Juliet over Skype, and we laughed and cried, and declared her Most Adorable of Babies.

And the best part? We were the only family members to get to see her, only minutes old, and we live in India.

Thank you
, Jesus. What a sweet gift you have given me. Once again I realize that my life is in your hands.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad. I can't even tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrilling testimony! Once again, you've brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy at His Faithfulness. I love you Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad -- what a testimony to God's goodness and kindness. Truly He cares about the things that matter to His children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought tears to my eyes - so glad you were all able to be there without actually being there. What a blessing to have sisters like you 3. I hope you can meet Juliet soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me cry, too! God truly does give us the desires of our hearts when our hearts are in his hands! Thank you for sharing your life with us, Hannah; it is a blessing to see what the Lord is doing on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. I'm so glad it worked out that way for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy tears. I just stand in awe of the way He loves us all.

    ReplyDelete