About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sleeping in Jeans

It's weird, but at almost every stressful/sad/uncertain juncture in our lives, my sisters and I have taken to wearing jeans to bed. We don't know why. You can be certain we've discussed it and come up with some theories, but in the end, it remains a bit of a mystery.

One possibility is that jeans make us feel secure or kind-of "hugged" in our sleep. Maybe we feel that we need that classic, cotton body-armor more in shaky times. Or maybe when we're a little torqued out of shape, we start to free-fall with self discipline. Curiously, sleeping in jeans tends to coincide with sleeping in mascara, and no one likes that.

All I know is, my sweet mother and mother-in-law have sent me several pairs of comfy/cute/practical pajamas since I've lived here. I've worn them on occasion and I'm darn thankful to have them.

But for the most part, I've been sleeping in jeans.

5 comments:

  1. I always took my most restful naps when I sleep in jeans during the day. There is just something different about them, it makes sleep better and more comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I send you some of my jeans that I don't wear anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu know I sleep in jeans almost every night, and have since I was 19... Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Just checked out your blog for the first time and LOVE it! Especially now that I have met you, it makes it even more fun for me. Enjoyed the wedding pics and laughed over the Hinglish........will mark this as a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it doesn't help matters when you have to take care of someone with the phoid. So you go girl, just keep sleeping in those jeans

    ReplyDelete