About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

If You Can't Say Anything Nice...

We're all a little 'blah' around here. I mean, we're grateful for our lives and for the opportunity to live cross-culturally. We love our Indian friends, the food is yummy, and the weather has even dipped below 100 degrees of late. It's just that, well, we're culture shockin' these days.

We miss our families, our stuff, our sanity...Well, not our sanity so much, as we haven't had it since we had children...But we miss America, warts and all. It's kinda bad, y'all. I've been listening to REO Speedwagon and Bluegrass and watching Miracle on 34th Street--the old one--and it's not even close to Christmas. Oh, and I used to love U2 and now I can hardly appreciate Bono 'cause he's not from the U.S...

But we're going to be ok in the end. We're going to stretch and grow and change, and all that is good. I haven't had it in me to funny-blog lately, though. Because nothing feels funny--only weird and slightly (or greatly) annoying. Sheesh, I hope I snap out of it soon.

3 comments:

  1. H, Everything you just blogged about seems totally normal to me! No one that is reading this blog expects everything you experience everyday to be all laughs and smiles and hunkydory...if it was you wouldn't be living a normal life. All we care about is that you are safe and healthy and still solidly believe in your decision to continue on the path God has chosen for you! We all love you! Life is not perfect whether you are living in America or in timbuck too. I would hope that you feel comfortable enough with all of us to blog about anything you are feeling, because those feelings are natural. I will be offering up prayers for you guys this morning, as I always do, as I celebrate Pentecost Sunday in the choir. I love you guys...keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you to "snap" out of it! We love you and can't wait to hear stories about people changing their lives for God, because if anyone can do it, your family can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that you say that,just today I told Barry that I don't hate it but all of the sudden it seems a lot less charming. I think, just the day to day stuff, it all takes longer and trying to figure out what to say when, and where to buy what, gets to you. Just wanted you to know that your not alone and I'm sure it will pass, just part of the process I guess. Love you guys! Justine

    ReplyDelete