About Us

My photo
For the grands and some aunts and uncles too.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Two More Terms

Two new words to add to our growing Hinglish list: shift--to move or change one's place of residence; i.e. "I have to move all my stuff out in two weeks because I have to shift." buff--buffalo meat, not to be confused with the verboten beef; i.e. "Look (eyes darting nervously), I know where you can find some very fine buff. Of course, you have to specify which parts you want, and you can't get it around here..."

5 comments:

  1. We are so excited about our big shift. Only fiveish months before we will be in your timezone. Maybe we can eat some buff together, hopefully it won't be to crowdy.

    I love your blog better than Fox and Friends in the morning. In case you don't know, that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to shift out of this house since you don't live on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just laughing and laughing and laughing. Lovin those pictures. But the Bourn Vita is made by cadbury. You know it's good.

    ReplyDelete